The Directorate of Technical Education, in collaboration with Government of Maharashtra, is providing post matric scholarships for the students belonging to the minority categories. A large number of students studying in the undergraduate and postgraduate courses can avail the benefits of this scholarship scheme.
The Government of Maharashtra has taken this initiative to develop the education awareness among the people belonging to the minority communities. It’s a great opportunity for the students who are economically weak an cannot afford for higher education to brighten their future.
What is DTE Maharashtra SGS, Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017-2018?
- Official Website: www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Department Name: Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra.
- Category: Minority Communities.
- Scholarship Name: Merit-cum-Means based, SGS Scholarship for Minority Communities Students.
- State: Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra DTE Scholarship gives the opportunity to the students belonging to the backwards categories to study in the government and private colleges after completion of their Class 12th. This scheme not only provides the scholarship to study in technical courses but also gives the chance to apply for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in India.
Professional and Technical Courses:
- Engineering/Technology UG & PG ( B.E/ B. Tech/ M. E/ M. Tech).
- Fashion Technology.
- Hotel Management & Catering Technology.
- Pharmacy ( B. Pharmacy/ M. Pharmacy).
- Architecture & Town Planning ( UG & PG).
- Cement Technology.
- Applied Art & Craft ( UG & PG), MCA, MBA/MMS, Health Science Courses, Law (LLB/LLM).
- Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry etc.
The Scholarship also covers the technical and vocational courses offered by Industrial Training Institutes/Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level.
Duration of Maharashtra Scholarship 2017-2018
The scholarship will be provided for the entire course. However, the maintenance allowance will only be valid for 10 months in an academic year.
Students can visit the official website of the Directorate of Technical education, Maharashtra for obtaining the application form for the scholarship. Applicants who belong to the Scheduled Casts (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backwards Castes (OBC) can apply for DTE Maharashtra Scholarship scheme.
|Financial Assistance Type||Hostler||Day Scholars|
|Rs.20000/- per Annum||₹20000/- per Annum|
Rs.10000/- per annum
(Rs.1000 per month)
₹5000/- per Annum
(₹500 per month)
Let’s take a look at who can apply for this Scholarship here-
Eligibility Criteria for DTE Scholarship 2017-2018
Those applicants who are belonging to the economically backwards casts such as SC/ ST/ OBC or other minorities categories are required to check if they fall under the eligibility criteria provided by the Directorate of Technical education, Maharashtra Government.
- The candidates applying for the Maharashtra Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017-2018 must have completed 10th and 12th from a recognised board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- The applicants must have the Bonafide certificate produced by the State.
- Maximum two members of a family belonging to the minority category can apply for the scholarship.
- Students applying for the Maharashtra Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017-2018 must have Aadhaar Card enrolled in the State.
- The applicant must produce all the documents prescribed by the state.
Apply for Maharashtra Scholarship 2017-2018
First, the application should check if s/ he is eligible to apply for Maharashtra Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017-2018 or not. If s/ he finds himself/ herself under the criteria prescribed by the Government of Maharashtra for availing the benefits of the Merit cum Means scholarships, s/ he should go ahead to apply for the scheme.
- The candidate who wants to apply for post matric scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate courses should visit the official website of the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, which is, http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/scholarships/Home.aspx.
- After visiting the website, the aspirant should click on the “Candidate Registration” tab available on the home of the website.
- Now, the applicant will be redirected to the DTE SGS Scholarship 2017-2018 link where s/ he should select the scholarship, s/ he wants to apply for.
- Once selected the scholarship, fill up all the mandatory details mentioned in the online applicant form.
- After filling up the form, click on the “Submit” button to register yourself and take a printout of the filled in application form for future reference.
Those students who are already registered for the scheme and want to renew their registration, follow this procedure:
- Visit the official website of the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, which is mentioned above and click on the Renewal Link to edit your application form.
- After editing the information, click on the “Submit” button and take a printout of the newly filled in application form.
- Check out the documents, which are required at the time of filling up the online application form of Maharashtra Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017-2018:
- The applicant should have an Aadhaar Card enrolled in the state.
- The aspirant must upload his/ her 10th and 12th marks sheet memo.
- The student also required uploading his/ her 10th and 12th Bonafide certificate provided by the State.
- The student should upload his/ her recent passport size photograph.
- The applicant must produce the income certificate, residential proof and caste certificate from the state.
- After uploading all the required documents, the applicant must upload the “allotment order” in support of his/ her application.
(Note: Allotment letter is a letter attested by the school/ college principal of the candidate, which assures the approval of the applicant’s school or college authority)
Check out the instructions to be taken care of while registering for the Maharashtra Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017-2018:
Instructions for Candidates
The candidate must check if s/he is falling under the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra.
- All the documents uploaded in support of the application must be approved by the State.
- Make sure the documents are valid for the current year.
- Details filled up in the application form must be correct.
Important Links: Following are some important links about Maharashtra State Government Scholarship (SGS) or Merit cum Means Scholarship, Maharashtra:
- Official Website.
- Search Application ID.
- List of Institutes.
- Search Registered Institutes.
- Check Aadhar Linking Status with Bank account.