The Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance (SSJA), Government of Maharashtra issued a notification of Mahaschol e-Scholarship at mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in 2017-18 for students belonging to the SC/ SBC / VJNT /OPEN / ST /OBC categories for the year 2017-18.
In this program, three types of scholarships are provided to the needy students who are financially weak and not able to continue their higher education.
Students must satisfy the criteria and need to submit their application before the last date to avail these scholarships. You can get detailed information about the eligibility criteria and types of scholarships are provided under this scheme here:
Direct Links to Important Queries:
- What is Mahaeschol?
- Eligibility Details.
- Required Documents.
- How to Apply?
- Type of e-Scholarships by SSJA Maharashtra.
mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in escholarship – Complete Details
|Categories||SC/ SBC / VJNT /
OPEN / ST /OBC
|Official Email||[email protected]
|Application Mode||Online only|
What is Mahaeschol Maharashtra Scholarship 2017-18?
Every year, the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance (SJSA), Government of Maharashtra provides e-scholarships to economically weak students in the state of Maharashtra. The students who are not financially stable and not able to pay the fee for their higher studies can avail the benefits of these scholarships.
The applicants can now visit the official website of Mahaeschol to get the advantage of this scheme. The scholarship amount will be transferred to the eligible candidates’ bank accounts whose application forms will be accepted.
Eligibility criteria for Mahaeschol Scholarship 2017-18
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Maharashtra.
- The candidate must be pursuing any course from a Maharashtra Board School.
- The aspirant’s family income must not be exceeded to 2 lacs per annum.
- The candidate must not apply to any other scholarship scheme.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ SBC / VJNT /OPEN / ST /OBC who secure 75% or more marks in 10th or SSC exam can apply for Maharashtra Scholarship 2017-18. However, such students need to provide some documents to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Mahaeschol e-Scholarship-wise Eligibility Criteria
- For Pre-matric: – The student must be studying in the 9th or 10th standard.
- Post-Matric Scholarship: – The applicant must be passed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination from Maharashtra Board.
- Rajarshee Shahu Maharaj Scholarship: – The student should study either in the 11th or 12th standard.
- Savitribai Phule Scholarship: The student should be in class 5 to class 10.
- Military School Scholarship: – The applicant should be a student of class 5th to class 10th.
- Unclean Occupation/ K.K.P. Scholarship: – The candidate should be a student of the 1st standard to 10th standard.
Documents required for Maharashtra Mahaeschol Scholarship 2017-18
The applicants are required to produce these documents to verify their eligibility for the e-scholarships.
- Birth Certificate.
- College / School Certificates.
- Caste Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Residence Certificate.
- Affidavit according to mentioned in Government Order.
(Note: All the students applying for Mahaeschol Scholarship 2017-18 are required to link their bank account with Aadhaar/ UID number.)
The applicants who are eligible for these e-scholarships schemes can apply online Mahaeschol registration 2017-18 by following these steps mentioned below:
How to apply for Mahaeschol e-Scholarship at mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in
The applicants need to visit the official website of Mahaeschol scheme i.e. mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in and register themselves for the e-scholarship. Those students who are already registered are required to log in to your account using their user ID and password.
Process to Apply Application Form of Mahaeschol Maharashtra Scholarship:
- After logging in to the website, click on the scholarship name you are applying to and select either Pre-matric Student or Post-matric Student.
- Select Caste Category and Caste and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, fill up all the required information of board, year of passing, UID number, income, contact and bank account details in the application form and submit the form.
- Now, take a print out of duly filled form for further references.
Once the application form is submitted, the authorised committee will review your application form and upload the status of your application on the official website of Mahaeschol Scholarship.
- https://mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in/ या वेबसाईट वर जा.
- जर तुम्ही यापूर्वी mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in/ इथं रजिस्ट्रेशन केलं असल्यास तुमचा युजर नेम आणि पासवर्ड टाकून लॉगीन करा.
- जर तुम्ही इथं रजिस्ट्रेशन केलं नसल्यास ‘नवीन विद्यार्थी नोंदणी’ या लिंकवर क्लिक करून रजिस्टर करा.
- तुमचं शाळा/कॉलेज/युनिव्हर्सिटी अडमिशन झालं नसलं तरी त्या वेबसाईटवर रजिस्टर करा आणि हॉस्टेलचा ऑनलाईन फॉर्म भरा.
- तुमचा अर्ज हॉस्टेल रेक्टरकडं पाठविला जाइल.
- हॉस्टेल रेक्टर विद्यार्थ्यांची यादी तयार करतील.
- यादी प्रत्येक जिल्ह्याच्या सहाय्यक आयुक्त, समाज कल्याण कार्यालय इथं तसंच ऑनलाईन प्रसिद्ध केली जाईल.
- विद्यार्थ्यांनी सर्व कागदपत्र तयार ठेवावी व हॉस्टेल रेक्टरच्या संपर्कात राहावं.
The Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra provides six types of scholarships provided under Mahaeschol Maharashtra Scholarship 2017-18 Scheme. Let’s take a look at these scholarships:
Types of Scholarship through Mahaeschol Scheme
- Parametric e-Scholarship: The Parametric e-Scholarship is meant for those students who belong to SC category and are studying in IX or X standard.
- Post-Metric Scholarship: The Post-Metric Scholarship is for those students who have completed SSC from Maharashtra State in the year 2015-16.
- Rajarshee Shahu Maharaj Scholarship: Those students who have completed 10th class from Maharashtra State Board in the year 2015-16 can apply for Rajarshee Shahu Maharaj Scholarship.
- Savitribai Phule Scholarship: This is a special scholarship, which is provided to the girl students only who are studying in class V to class X.
- Military School Scholarship: The Military School Scholarship is meant for those students who belong to SC/SBC/VJNT/ST groups and are studying in class V to class X.
- Unclean Occupation/ K.K.P. Scholarship: The Unclean Occupation or K.K.P. Scholarship is allotted to those students who belong to SC/SBC/VJNT/OPEN/ST/OBC categories and are studying in 1st to 10th standard.
Contacts, Helpdesk, Official Website & Important Dates:
- Download Important dates.
- District wise contact numbers of Hostels are available on https://sjsa.maharashtra.gov.in/en/commissioner-social-welfare-pune
- Maharashtra Social Welfare website: https://sjsa.maharashtra.gov.in/en/
- Online hostel registration: https://mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in
This great initiative is taken by the Government of Maharashtra, in collaboration with the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance for the students who are the permanent resident of Maharashtra State and belong to the SC/ SBC / VJNT /OPEN / ST /OBC categories.
Hence, it is a golden opportunity for those economically weak students who are willing to study higher education but are not able to pay the fee structure.
So, if you find yourself eligible for these scholarships and can produce all the necessary documents along with your application, then go ahead and continue your higher education without any barrier!